Online Application Deadlines
- Fall Term 2018 Deadline: June 1, 2018
- (Apply by May 1, 2018 to be considered for $1,000 scholarship)
Note: Admissions for this program are rolling. Applications received after the deadline are reviewed and students are accepted on a space-available basis.
- Spring classes begin in January.
- Fall classes begin in September.
In an effort to process your application quickly, we only accept electronic application materials.
To apply for this program, please submit:
- Your application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- Official student transcripts with posted degree safely and electronically via one of the following approved companies:
- Two professional recommendations using this Recommendation Form. The recommendation should attest to your competencies, character, and potential and/or ability as an educator. Your recommenders should email the completed forms to email@example.com.
- A 1-2 page Statement of Educational Purpose to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A signed Statement of Responsibility Form emailed to email@example.com.
- Proof of passing the Basic Skills Requirement emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Passing score report for the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET). The passing score report is required even if the applicant has asked Evaluation Systems, Pearson (ES) to send Pepperdine University the results. Applicants who have successfully completed a Commission-approved Subject Matter Equivalency program must obtain a Subject Matter Equivalency letter from the college or university. The original Subject Matter Equivalency letter will be accepted in lieu of the CSET.
- Your California Certificate of Character Clearance (COC) must be completed prior to admission to the Master of Arts in Teaching program. Note: State Law prohibits Pepperdine from accepting a BA Degree in Education for the Teaching Credential Program.
- (Optional) If your baccalaureate or master's degree GPA is lower than 3.0 or you're seeking an exception to our GRE or TOEFL test requirements, please fill out this Exception Request Form and email it to email@example.com.