Master of Arts in Teaching
In an effort to process your application quickly, we only accept electronic application materials.
To apply for this program, please submit:
- Your application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- Official student transcripts from the regionally accredited colleges or universities that awarded your baccalaureate degree via one of the following approved companies:
Note: State Law prohibits Pepperdine from accepting a BA Degree in Education for the Teaching Credential Program.
- Two professional recommendations using the Recommendation Section in our online application. While completing your online application, you will list your recommenders and an e-mail requesting a letter will be sent to them. Recommendations should attest to your competencies, character, and potential to the program. Additionally, recommenders may also complete this form and email it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A 1-2 page Statement of Educational Purpose to email@example.com if not included in your online application.
- A signed Statement of Responsibility Form emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proof of passing the Basic Skills Requirement emailed to email@example.com.
- Passing score report for the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET) by the end of the first term*. The passing score report is required even if the applicant has asked Evaluation Systems, Pearson (ES) to send Pepperdine University the results.The CSET is valid for 10 years and must be current in order for a candidate to be eligible for student teaching. Applicants who have successfully completed a Commission-approved Subject Matter Equivalency program must obtain a Subject Matter Equivalency letter from the college or university. The original Subject Matter Equivalency letter will be accepted in lieu of the CSET.
- Your California Certificate of Character Clearance (COC) must be completed prior to admission to the Master of Arts in Teaching program. Note: State Law prohibits Pepperdine University from accepting a BA Degree in Education if a candidate pursues a Single Subject Teaching Credential in the MA in Teaching Program.
- (Optional) If your baccalaureate or master's degree GPA is lower than 3.0 or you're seeking an exception to our GRE or TOEFL test requirements, please fill out this Exception Request Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Graduate students will be admitted and allowed to enroll in the MA in Teaching program without the completion of the CSET, with an understanding that if they do not successfully complete the CSET by the end of their first term, they will no longer be allowed to continue in the MA in Teaching program until which time they have successfully completed the CSET.