Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology with Emphasis in Marriage & Family Therapy
Changing Lives. Changing the World.
The Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology program will prepare students to serve individuals, couples, families, and groups as a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) or a licensed professional clinical counselor (LPCC) in California.
Program Length / Units
2 academic years (6 terms) / 62 units
This cohort-based program provides students with a clinical and practice-based course of study, exploring the social and psychological implications of socioeconomics and how poverty and social stress affect the ability of individuals, couples, and families to thrive. Employing the practitioner-scholar model of professional training, rigorous coursework is paired with in-depth clinical training, where students observe professional counselors, develop key clinical skills, and gain experience working directly with clients. Upon graduation, students will have met all educational requirements to sit for the LMFT or LPCC licensure exams in the state of California.
- Nationally regarded graduate school of psychology with the #6-ranked Psy.D. program in the US*
- Access to major-university resources at the #46-ranked university in the US**
- Outstanding faculty, recognized experts, scholars and clinicians
- Supervised clinical experience beginning in the second term of the program
- Dedicated placement team to help find and secure practicum and internship placements
- Cohort model designed for strong peer support and lifelong professional relationships
- Small class sizes providing a supportive learning environment and meaningful student-faculty interactions
- Opportunities to participate in student-lead interest groups, including Psi Chi, Research and Practice Team (RAPT), Spanish Language Enhancement Association for Therapists (SLEAT), and Christian Association for Psychological Studies (CAPS)
- Extensive networking opportunities through our alumni network with more than 20,000 professionals
- Access to graduate student housing and amenities at our scenic Malibu campus
*U.S. News & World Report, Best Grad School Rankings, Clinical Psychology
** U.S. News & Report, Best Colleges Rankings, National Universities