PhD in Global Leadership and Change
Introducing our new PhD program
The Doctor of Philosophy in Global Leadership and Change program prepares students to become visionary leaders and agents of change in strategy and policy for nonprofit, government, for-profit, and academic institutions. This program is ideal for mid-career professionals who are focused on research.
Program Length / Units + Dissertation Units
4 years average / 66 units + (2 units per term until completion of dissertation)
The PhD in Global Leadership and Change program includes courses charged $1,550 per unit at the EdD level and $1,840 per unit at the PhD level.
West Los Angeles (Please note that your campus of choice cannot be guaranteed. Campus offerings are contingent upon availability and subject to change.)
Our highly selective PhD program employs the researcher-scholar model of doctoral training, in which academics and research are conjoined. Three years of rigorous coursework incorporate national and international trips, providing students with a global perspective on leadership and policy and access to prominent global experts, followed by a one-to-two year dissertation process*, where each student will contribute new knowledge to the field of their selected topic of research.
*Average time to completion
- Highly selective doctoral program at the #46-ranked university in the US*
- Outstanding faculty of scholar-practitioners with exemplary academic achievements and professional expertise
- Global Access format (60 percent face-to-face/40 percent online) is ideal for working professionals
- Small class sizes provide an environment for faculty mentorship
- Cohort model enables students to build upon leadership skills while forging valuable relationships with colleagues
- Classes conveniently located at our West Los Angeles Graduate Campus, close to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and just off the 405 freeway
- Extensive alumni network creates influential connections with more than 20,000 professionals
* U.S. News & Report, Best Colleges Rankings, National Universities