EdD in Organizational Leadership
Values-Based Leadership That Transforms
The Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership program prepares students to work in a wide variety of leadership roles, and to transform organizations for optimal success and growth. This program is ideal for current leaders looking to expand their career path, and rising executives who would like to advance their academic and professional goals.
Program Length / Units + Dissertation Units
3.5 years average / 51 EdD units + (2 units per term until completion of dissertation)
West Los Angeles, Irvine (Please note that your campus of choice cannot be guaranteed. Campus offerings are contingent upon availability and subject to change.)
This cohort-based program employs the practitioner-scholar model of doctoral training in which academics, clinical training, and research are conjoined. Through rigorous coursework and experiential learning, students gain advanced knowledge in the theory and practice of leadership, learning, and policy. Required national and international trips are woven into the program, providing students with a global perspective on leadership and policy. This program culminates in a doctoral dissertation.
- Prestigious doctoral program at the #46-ranked university in the US*
- Recognized as the top doctoral program with an emphasis on leadership and organizational development by Leadership Excellence Awards for 2016
- Outstanding faculty of scholar-practitioners with exemplary academic achievements and professional expertise
- Two program formats: Traditional and Global Access (60 percent face-to-face/40 percent online), ideal for working professionals
- Convenient class schedules offered on weeknights and occasional weekends
- Small class sizes provide an environment for faculty mentorship.
- Cohort model enables students to build upon leadership skills while forging valuable relationships with colleagues.
- Extensive alumni network creates influential business connections with more than 20,000 professionals
* U.S. News & Report, Best Colleges Rankings, National Universities