Education Doctoral Programs
The education doctoral degree (EdD) programs offered at the Pepperdine University Graduate School of Education and Psychology (GSEP) include a variety of options, including educational leadership, administration and policy, learning technologies, and organizational leadership. We also offer a PhD program in global leadership and change.
Passion and Purpose Driven
Since our founding in 1937, Pepperdine University has had one mission: to strengthen students for lives of purpose, service, and leadership in a learning environment where academic excellence is rooted in a Christian faith and values.
Our graduate programs empower students to transform into the best possible expression of themselves for meaningful work and purposeful lives. That legacy is alive today more than ever, as we help students all over the world gain the skills they need to achieve personal fulfillment, lead with purpose, and make a lasting impact in the lives and communities they serve.
- GSEP faculty are nationally-recognized scholar-practitioners with exemplary academic achievements, industry expertise, educational experience, and scholarly credentials.
- Professors are accomplished professionals who balance theory and real-world application in a practitioner-based curriculum informed by their desire to prepare students to make a difference.
- Average class size of 14 students and a 12:1 faculty-student ratio provides a supportive educational setting, meaningful interactions, and long-term professional and personal connections.
- Extensive Pepperdine alumni network creates influential business connections with more than 110,000 professionals. Our alumni network has 32 chapters and affinity programs in the U.S. and abroad.
- Pepperdine alumni, faculty, staff, and parents make themselves available to offer the resources you need and help graduates build professional, personal, and purposeful relationships with Pepperdine people all over the world.
- As a Pepperdine alumnus, you have exclusive access to the PeppConnect Mentoring Program, a global network of alumni who are willing to mentor and offer career or industry advice.
Student and Career Support
- GSEP Student Services supports our rigorous curricula through academic advising, records, writing support, library, student groups, and much more.
- Students are further supported through our Office of Student Accessibility, world-class facilities, and highly competitive programs, all of which contribute to our exceptional programs and rankings.
- GSEP Career Services operates from an innovative model of career education and holistic career counseling for today's rapidly changing job market helping students and alumni construct their career narrative, build lifelong employability skills, and connect with alumni and industry leaders.
- The Office of International Students Services (OISS) values our international students for what they bring to our campus—diversity, global perspective, cultural respect, determination, and a wonderful sense of adventure. We welcome students from all nationalities, faiths, and education systems, as they provide a diverse perspective in our classrooms.
Contact Enrollment Services
Enrollment Officers are available to answer questions for prospects and applicants, which are specific to our Education and Psychology programs.