Facebook pixel Financial Aid for International Students - Graduate School of Education and Psychology Skip to main content
Pepperdine | Graduate School of Education and Psychology

Financial Aid for International Students

Financial aid opportunitites for international students consists of loan and scholarships. Note: F-1 Visa students are expected to provide evidence to OISS of their ability to fully fund their education costs, it is the student's responsibility to pay for these costs, whether or not they utilize financial aid.

Financial Aid Options

To apply for financial assistance through the federal government, you will need to be a U.S. citizen or a Permanent Resident (green card holder). More information can be found by visiting https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/eligibility/requirements/non-us-citizens. Note: DACA and F-1 Visa Students are not eligible for federal student aid at the graduate level.

If this will not be the case for you, you may look into Private Student Loans through private lending institutions. The majority of lenders require that a borrower who is a citizen of a country other than the United States or who are non-green cardholders to have a co-signer who is a U.S. citizen to be approved. 

Prospective students who submit an admission application and are admitted into the program are considered for certain scholarship awards. For additional information regarding GSEP scholarship opportunities available to new students, please visit our scholarship web page.

You may view further scholarship information by clicking on the following links:

  • FastwebThis is the largest free scholarship search on the Internet.
  • International Scholarships At this site, you will find the most comprehensive listing of grants, scholarships, loan programs, and other information to assist college and university students from around the world in their pursuit to study abroad.
  • eduPASSThis site provides information for international students interested in study in the United States; it covers many topics of interest to international students.
  • The Institute of International EducationThe IIE administers the U.S. Fulbright program and manages more than 250 international education programs. The IIE site includes scholarship books, information on Asia Help and Balkan Help, etc.
  • International Education Financial AidThe IEFA is a site that contains a free searchable database of several hundred scholarships and awards for international students.
  • International Student ScholarshipFind college scholarship programs by country, field of study or university name. Programs available include the Fulbright Scholarship, Rotary Scholarships, Postdoctoral Fellowships, Merit Scholarships, College Loans and much more. Awards are available to international students and US study abroad students anywhere in the world.
  • Civil Society Leadership AwardsThe Civil Society Leadership Awards provide fully-funded scholarships for master's degree study to individuals who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities. You may view the grant opportunities currently available here.
  • MPOWER Financing for DACAMPOWER Financing for DACA grants awards up to $10,000 to international students at schools they support.
  • International Peace ScholarshipsThe International Peace Scholarship Fund, established in 1949, is a program that provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding.
  • AAUW International FellowshipAAUW's International Fellowship program has been in existence since 1917. The program provides support for women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the U.S. who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. 
  • Collegeboard Scholarship Search SiteFind scholarships, other financial aid, and internships from more than 2,200 programs, totaling nearly $6 billion.
  • Immigrants RisingImmigrants Rising offers international students a list of scholarships that don’t require proof of U.S. citizenship.
  • Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program Non-degree scholarship program for international, experienced professionals wishing to undertake 10 months of academic study in the US. Although the funding doesn’t support degree qualifications, students are able to study and develop their knowledge at academic institutions across the nation.
  • Aga Khan Foundation Aga Khan Foundation provides scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies. Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant / 50% loan basis once a year in June or July. 
  • Covidence Global Scholarship Program A $75,000 funding pool is designed to help support the next generation of superstar evidence researchers worldwide. They are helping to take some of the financial burdens away so some of the world’s brightest Ph.D. and Masters's students can spend more time creating knowledge that will make a significant impact on the world. (Annual; Deadline March 31)