Applicants to the evening format may possess a bachelor's degree in any field, and there are no pre-requisite courses that must be completed prior to starting the program. Applicants without recent course work (within the last seven years) in psychology, however, will be required to complete foundation courses in preparation for the core curriculum. Foundation courses are offered as part of the master's program.
In an effort to process your application quickly, we only accept electronic application materials.
To apply for this program, please submit:
1. Your application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
Transcript(s)- Official student transcripts from the regionally accredited colleges or universities that awarded your baccalaureate degree can be sent through one of the following:
Electronic Transcript(s) emailed to email@example.com
Official transcript(s) can also be sent from one of the following approved companies:
National Student Clearinghouse
Hard-copy Transcript(s), in a sealed and stamped envelope, mailed to:
5th Floor- Enrollment Processing
6100 Center Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA
Note: Applicants who are pursuing their bachelors at the time of application should submit an in-progress (current) transcript and will be required to submit a final transcript showing the degree posted after completion of their undergraduate program. Please request all transcripts to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Two professional recommendations using the Recommendation Section in our online application. While completing your online application, you will list your recommenders and an email requesting a letter will be sent to them. Recommendations should attest to your competencies, character, and potential to the program. Additionally, recommenders may also complete this form and email it directly to email@example.com.
3. A 2-5 page Statement of Purpose describing your previous training and experience, current interests, future professional goals, and reasons for applying to the program, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org if not included in your online application.
4. (Optional) If your baccalaureate or master's degree GPA is lower than 3.0 or you're seeking an exception to our TOEFL test requirement, please fill out this Exception Request Form and email it to email@example.com.
International Student Requirements
5. All applicants who received or will receive their degree from a university outside of the US (unless the degree is from a university which is already regionally accredited within the US) are required to submit a detailed foreign transcript evaluation report from any National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member, such as the International Education Research Foundation at ierf.org or the World Education Services, Inc., at wes.org.
A detailed foreign transcript evaluation report will contain the following:
- Foreign transcripts translated into English.
- Grade point average calculated on a 4.0 scale.
- A determination of US degree equivalency (regional accreditation equivalency is required)
6. If you have not completed your bachelor's degree at the time of application, submit a current transcript. Upon degree completion, you are required to provide official transcripts in a sealed envelope directly from the institution who awarded your degree prior to enrollment.
Pepperdine Graduate School of Education and Psychology Admissions
6100 Center Drive 5th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA
Note: If your first language is not English, you must submit a minimum score of 550 on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL). If taking the Internet-based TOEFL test, you will need a minimum score of 80. Information concerning the availability of this test outside of the US can be obtained by contacting TOEFL, Educational Testing Services, Princeton, NJ 08540, USA or online at www.toefl.org. Our TOEFL code is 4630. As an alternative to the TOEFL, you may submit a score of at least 6.5 on the IELTS exam. You can find out more at www.ielts.org