EdD in Organizational Leadership
In an effort to process your application quickly, we only accept electronic application materials.
To apply for this program, please submit:
- Application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- Official student transcripts from the regionally accredited colleges or universities that awarded your baccalaureate and master's degrees via one of the following approved companies:
- Three professional recommendations using the Recommendation Section in our online application. While completing your online application, you will list your recommenders and an e-mail requesting a letter will be sent to them. Recommendations should attest to your competencies, character, and potential to the program. Additionally, recommenders may also complete this form and email it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Statement of Purpose (1,000-2,000 words) addressing such topics as your view of leadership, ability to create followers, propensity to take risks, evidence of a purposeful research agenda, perseverance and demonstrated achievements, future career and life objectives, and reasons for pursuing a PhD program, emailed to email@example.com.
- A two-page proctored essay on a selected topic. Applicants who do not perform satisfactorily on this essay may be required to attend a writing workshop course at GSEP such as ED 692. Alternatively, applicants may submit scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE—verbal and quantitative sections) taken within the past five years.
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is optional but recommended.
- A personal interview with a program director or designee for qualified applicants who apply to the program.
- (Optional) If your baccalaureate or master's degree GPA is lower than 3.0 or you're seeking an exception to our GRE or TOEFL test requirements, please fill out this Exception Request Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A personal interview with the program director is required for all qualified applicants.
A writing sample and/or critical thinking assessment may be assigned to a candidate before potential admission at the discretion of the program director