Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Teach English Around the World in One Year
The Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program will prepare students to teach English as an additional language from preschool through university, both in the United States and abroad, or to pursue doctoral studies.
All courses are aligned with the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and the Standards to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages programs.
Program Length / Units
1 Year / 32 Units
Designed for both domestic and international students alike, this full-time residency program provides students with an expertise in second language acquisition, and a deep understanding of the complex relationship between language and culture. Embracing the scholar-practitioner model of professional training, rigorous coursework is conjoined with clinical practicum placements, where students gain real-world experience teaching and collaborating in multicultural and multilingual environments. This one-year program culminates in a digital portfolio capstone experience in place of a thesis.
- Prestigious program at the #46-ranked university in the US*
- Nationally-recognized faculty of scholar-practitioners with extensive educational experience
- Cohort model designed for strong peer support and lifelong professional relationships
- Small class sizes providing a supportive learning environment and meaningful student-faculty interactions
- Opportunities for continued participation in professional organizations and conferences
- Doctoral pathway courses infused into the program curriculum
- Access to graduate student housing and amenities at our scenic Malibu campus
- Extensive networking opportunities through our alumni network with more than 20,000 professionals
* U.S. News & Report, Best Colleges Rankings, National Universities