MA in TESOL
Face-to-Face Format. One-Year Program.
The Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program prepares students to teach English as an additional language from preschool through the university level, both in the United States and beyond. This cohort-model program is offered only in the fall.
Irvine (Please note that your campus of choice cannot be guaranteed. Campus offerings are contingent upon availability and subject to change.)
This program is designed for international students who wish to study the teaching of English, and also local students intending to specialize in teaching English to non-native speakers. All courses are aligned with the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Standards to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages programs.
- The TESOL program may be completed in just one year
- Program embraces the scholar-practitioner model, where students apply their knowledge to real-world situations in a clinical setting
- Nationally recognized faculty
- Small class sizes provide a strong environment for faculty mentorship
- Cohort model results in close peer interaction and lifelong relationships
- Dedicated career services department
- Strong alumni network of over 20,000 members