Master of Arts in Social Entrepreneurship and Change at Santa Barbara
Make an impact on social justice and change through the Master of Arts in Social Entrepreneurship and Change program. With an engaging online hybrid program that only requires 2 residencies on-campus per term at UC Santa Barbara's Mosher Alumni House, students will be equipped to lead groundbreaking transformative solutions without leaving their community. Address major problems (locally, regionally, and globally) in the areas of education, health, poverty, the environment, and other human rights and inequalities. Participate in a global internship in a developing country with entrepreneurs implementing positive and sustainable changes. The degree program is completed in 20 months over five terms.
Program Length / Units
1.6 years / 40 units
UC Santa Barbara / Online Hybrid Program
(Please note that your campus of choice cannot be guaranteed. Campus offerings are
contingent upon availability and subject to change.)
- 20-month, comprehensive program designed for both professionals employed full-time and full-time students.
- Online hybrid program model which delivers course work via a blend of face-to-face interaction and online instruction which permits geographical diversity (meaning students can be located anywhere in the world as long as they have online access). Effect positive sustainable change through technology from your home.
- Nationally-recognized faculty and advisory board who are dedicated to student academia and professional success.
- Global exchange experience creates a well-rounded global perspective of social, economic, and community issues.
- Cohort model designed for strong peer support and lifelong professional relationships.
- Capstone social enterprise course designed to provide students a firm professional next step after completion of the program.