Program Learning Outcomes: MA in SEC
GSEP is committed to a learner-centered approach in the programs we offer. Each program has a set of objectives that a student graduating from the program is expected to achieve. The knowledge and skills taught in the program might be introduced in some courses. In other courses, students are asked to apply knowledge by practicing skills and demonstrating their abilities. Within the program, the values and dispositional attributes important for individuals entering the profession are emphasized.
Graduates of the MA in Social Entrepreneurship and Change program will be expected to achieve the following objectives:
- Create and apply powerful visions for local and global change through social entrepreneurship
- Articulate and assess approaches for impactful leadership, and interpret the role of personal faith in service and philanthropy
- Apply sound strategic management practices, and differentiate the relationship between executives, boards, stakeholders, and the community
- Design innovative effective public relations and marketing campaigns for organizations along with desired outcomes, and implement evaluation plans that measure them
- Appreciate local and global perspectives and cultural influences, find creative solutions to social issues utilizing systems thinking. Justify the roles of both philanthropy and social entrepreneurship in social change