What are Volunteer Stations?
Volunteer stations are public agencies, private, secular or faith-based non-profit organizations, or proprietary health care organizations that accept the responsibility for assignment and supervision of Foster Grandparents in health, education, social service, or related settings (such as hospitals, homes for dependent and neglected children, or similar establishments). Each volunteer station must be licensed or otherwise certified, when required, by the appropriate state or local government. Private homes are not volunteer stations (CNCS, 2008).
How can your site become a Volunteer Station?
Contact Dr. Shanetta Milton, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 568-5798. The requirements for volunteer stations are as follows:
- Must be a public agency, secular-, school- or faith-based private, non-profit organization, or proprietary healthcare organization
- Must be willing to serve as a supervisor to Foster Grandparents in health, education, social service, or related settings such as hospitals, homes for dependent and neglected children, or similar establishments
- Must have a requirement to serve need-based communities
- Cannot be a private home
- Must be willing to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Must have the administrative and/or fiscal capability to provide a meal to the Foster Grandparents during onsite service
- Must be willing complete monthly and/or quarterly compliance forms.
Our current Volunteer Stations
- Mount Saint Mary's Child Development Center – Los Angeles (link - http://www.msmu.edu/undergraduate-bachelor-programs/child-development/child-development-center.aspx)
- Wayfinder Family Services – Los Angeles (link https://www.wayfinderfamily.org/)
- Shields for Families – Genesis and Exodus Program Los Angeles (link - https://www.shieldsforfamilies.org).
- Normandie Christian School – Los Angeles (link http://www.normandiechristian.org/)
- Girls Club of Los Angeles – https://www.girlsclubla.org/
- Children's Institute Inc. – Torrance/Los Angeles (link http://www.childrensinstitute.org/)
- The Accelerated School – Los Angeles (link http://www.accelerated.org/).
- Watts Learning Center – Los Angeles (link http://www.wattslearningcenter.org/)
- Carmelitos and Harbor Hills Housing Development After School Programs – Long Beach and Lomita (link https://www.hacola.org/public-housing/resident-services-program-(rsp))
- The Jeffrey Foundation – Los Angeles (link http://www.thejeffreyfoundation.org/)
- Summit Preparatory Charter School – Los Angeles (https://www.summitprep.org/)