CA STATE MFT STIPEND
CA STATE MFT STIPEND APPLICATIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE! GET $18,500 IN ADDITION TO YOUR SALARY!
WHAT IS THE STATE MFT STIPEND PROGRAM?
The California Department of Mental Health is awarding educational stipends to MFT students for 2011-2012. The goal of the state’s MFT stipend program is to increase its workforce with MFT interns who can provide services where they most need clinicians, in underserved communities.
The stipends will result in you receiving $18,500 in addition to your salary; if you agree to work at a mental health service agency operated by the state, a county, or an agency contracted by a governmental entity to provide mental health care. Stipend recipients will need to be employed or volunteer for one year (in a full-time position) as a registered MFT Intern in an approved agency by the MFT Consortium.
Note: This is a different opportunity than the Los Angeles County Stipend. You are encouraged to apply for both, but will only be awarded one educational stipend.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
November 4, 2011
MFT students or alumni who have a graduation date between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012 qualify for these stipends. Please consider the following criteria:
- Must be willing to provide services in underserved communities or high need areas
- Priority will be given to students with bilingual fluency and who have experience with underserved populations
- Priority will be given to those who have had experience as a consumer or whose family members have been a consumer of community based mental health services
- Must be willing to pursue licensure as an MFT. This stipend is not intended for those who plan on becoming licensed as psychologists in the future.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Carefully read the Guide for 2011-2012 Application found on http://pgi.edu/ca_223.aspx
2. Decide WHERE you would like to serve in the state of California. Click on the application for that particular region. (Ex: If you would like to work in Irvine, select the Orange County Application. If you would like to work in Panorama City, select the Greater Los Angeles Application). You may only select one area and submit only one application.
3. After completing the application, attend a presentation at a Pepperdine GSEP campus to get your application signed by Sadaf Mayet, Manager of Career Services and to learn what the selection committee is looking for. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE SIGNED DURING THE PRESENTATIONS.
Irvine – Thursday, October 6, 2011, 5:30pm-6:30pm, Room 235
Encino – Thursday, October 13, 2011, 3:00pm-4:00pm, Room H
Malibu – Wednesday, October 19, 2011, 4:00pm-5:00pm, Drescher, GSEP Room 180
WLA – Friday, October 7, 2011, 10:00am-11:00am, Room 202
Monday, October 17, 2011, 3:00pm-4:00pm, Room 335
Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 5:15pm-6:15pm, Room 346
Please RSVP to Sadaf Mayet at firstname.lastname@example.org
All the best,
GSEP Career Services