For Students & Alumni
GSEP Career Services operates from an innovative three-pillar model of career strategy, community engagement, and research insights. Through genuine care, we provide lifelong career development support to students and alumni as they enter and succeed in a rapidly changing workforce. We empower each individuals' self-efficacy and honor the intersectionality of identities through their unique career journey of purpose, service, and leadership. Choose from one of our five career tracks below.
Select a Career Track:
- Career transition - Changing job functions, industries, or employers
- Career advancement - Repositioning professional brand for promotion
- Career clarification - Determining next goal in your career journey
- Workplace navigation - Navigating intra/interpersonal dynamics and organizational culture
- Entrepreneurship - Launching your own business or practice
Based on your track, we can help you create a customized plan from our core services below. Not sure which track best fits your needs? Start with a Career Design Session!
- Career Design Sessions - Clarify your purpose, create a strategy, and develop an action plan. Topics might include: Preparing for a career transition; Positioning yourself for career advancement; Determining your next career goal; Navigating workplace dynamics; Discussing your plans for launching a business or practice.
- Document & Social Media Consults - Receive feedback on your Resume/CV, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile. Learn about online career tools, like Handshake, PeppConnect, Jobscan, and more.
- Jamii: Communities of Practice - Participate in groups and webinars to strategize and connect with students and alumni on a similar track.
- Annual Career Events - Attend Retreats, Panels, and Fairs.