The Mentor Teachers will support the Teacher Preparation candidate through a process of induction to school life and orientation to the learning community. Subsequent phases of Clinical Experience will involve collaboration with a University Field Supervisor in the evaluation of the candidate: planning, implementing and assessing lesson plans. The Mentor Teacher will:
- Model a variety of appropriate strategies and techniques of instruction
- Explain the principles and practice of teaching students with diverse needs
- Discuss the reflective process of teaching and methods of self-evaluation
- Clarify and demonstrate assessment, grading, and reporting procedures
Please click here for more information regarding Master Teacher responsibilities.
If you are interested in becoming a Mentor Teacher please complete the online Interest Form. If you are already a Mentor Teacher please read the instructions below:
Instruction for Payment Directly to Mentor Teacher
- Submit a W9 form if you are a new Master Teacher or have been inactive from our system for more than 2 years. W9 forms are submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Secure Attachment portal ( Click here for secure attachment server instructions). An invitation to the portal will be sent to you shortly and expire in 48 hours. If you need the invitation to be re-sent, please email request to email@example.com
Instruction for Payment Directly to District
- Click here to check if your school district requires Pepperdine University to submit payment directly to your district.
- For information regarding the status of payment please contact your district.
Thank you for serving as a Mentor Teacher for Pepperdine University students! Your contributions and time are very important to us and we appreciate all you do for our students. Part of your role as a Mentor Teacher is completing an evaluation on the performance of the student teacher while they are in your classroom. You will need to use our electronic evaluation system, Taskstream, to fill out the evaluation forms.
If you are a NEW Mentor Teacher with Pepperdine you will receive an email directly from Taskstream with a username. The email will direct you to sign in to Taskstream.com via a link. This link will expire within 48 hours, so please log in as soon as possible. Once you reach the homepage, you will see a link to your student teacher's evaluation page. Click on the link listed as Clinical 1, 2, or 3 (depending on the course your student is enrolled in) and locate your student teacher's name. If you are having any issues with Taskstream they have do have a great technology support team available via phone at l 800-311-5656. Your student teacher also has knowledge on how to use Taskstream, so they are a great resource. You may also email Heidi Sublette at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any content issues or you do not see your student teacher's name on the list.
If you are a returning Mentor Teacher with Pepperdine you will log into Taskstream as you have in the past. If you are unable to locate your password, please use the "forgot password" link on the home page.
Mentor Teachers are to post the following evaluations on Taskstream:
- Clinical 1-- One Final Evaluation
- Clinical 2-- Two Evaluations: One Midterm and One Final
- Clinical 3-- Two Evaluations: One Midterm and One Final