Aliento Community Organization
Through a collectivist approach, the vision of the Aliento Community Organization is to provide additional support and services to foster and promote academic, personal, and professional development for the Aliento (Latinx) community. ACO will also provide support and services to enable the commitment and dedication of the Aliento community in order to contribute to the ongoing efforts towards the humanization and liberation of the Latinx and all oppressed communities. Lastly, it will provide a space for the Aliento community to voice their needs, challenges, and barriers and implement services and support to address them.
Collectivism, Cultural Identity, Advocacy, Cultural Competency, Cultural Humility, Social Justice, Empowerment, Resiliency
- Networking Events
- Collaboration with Professional Organizations
- Workshops and Webinars
- Community Outreach and Service
- Informal Support Group
- Resources (academic, housing, STC, mentorships, etc.)
- Social activities with intentions (Self-awareness and reflection)
- Study Groups
- Educational Workshops
- Board Member
- A one year commitment is required (Fall/Spring/Summer).
- Must be available to meet once a month for the Board Meeting (first Sunday of the month at 11am, zoom)
- No experience needed.
- Student Body
- Attend study hours, fundraisers, and other events hosted by ACO
- Follow our communication platforms to keep up with events and services.
- Email: Organizationalientocommunity@gmail.com
- Instagram: @alientocommunityorganization
Other professional organizations that align with ACO’s mission.
Aliento, The Center for Latinx Communities: https://gsep.pepperdine.edu/aliento/
California Latinx Psychological Association: https://www.myclpa.org/mission