EdD in Educational Leadership, Administration, and Policy
Creating a Better Educational Future
The Doctor of Education in Leadership, Administration, and Policy program prepares leaders in public & private (K-12) education from around the globe to create and sustain powerful learning communities. This program is ideal for educational leaders who serve and/or aspire to serve in dynamic leadership roles at school sites, and district and county offices of education.
Program Length / Units + Dissertation Units
3.5 years average / 51 EdD units / (2 units per term until completion of dissertation
West Los Angeles / Online Hybrid Program (Please note that your campus of choice cannot be guaranteed. Campus offerings are contingent upon availability and subject to change.)
This online hybrid program offers a dynamic curriculum where students learn to integrate, synthesize and apply theories and practices that support research and development of National and Global policy, and advance leadership and change initiatives throughout organizations. With an emphasis on experiential learning, students will take a required trip to experience policy development at the federal, state, or local level in Washington DC or a similar venue. This program culminates in a doctoral dissertation.
- Prestigious doctoral program at the #46-ranked university in the US*
- Nationally recognized faculty of scholar-practitioners with extensive educational leadership experience
- Hybrid format is ideal for working professionals, with 60 percent face-to-face and 40 percent online instruction
- Cohort model enables students to build upon leadership skills while forging valuable relationships with colleagues
- Small class sizes provide an environment for faculty mentorship
- Emphasis on the development of inquiry/practitioner research knowledge and skills
- Career Services Center dedicated exclusively to the field of education to support students' professional advancement
- Extensive alumni network creates influential business connections with more than 20,000 professionals
* U.S. News & Report, Best Colleges Rankings, National Universities