Adjunct Faculty for the Doctoral and Master's Programs
Applications are invited for an adjunct faculty position at The Graduate School of Education and Psychology (GSEP) at Pepperdine University. Please refer to GSEP site to review course offerings at http://gsep.pepperdine.edu/degrees-programs/
GSEP is seeking accomplished educators with substantive knowledge and experience in the field of teaching and learning. Face-to-face sessions are offered at the West Los Angeles and Irvine Campuses. Online teaching occurs in Courses powered by Sakai and engages students in synchronous and asynchronous learning.
● Preparation of interactive presentations for quality face-to-face and online teaching
● Response to student inquiries in a timely manner
● Provision of substantive and ongoing feedback to students
● Maintenance and enhancement of the quality of teaching in the program
● Attendance at adjunct faculty meetings
● Travel as required to campus and other locations as needed
The ideal candidates will:
● Possess a Master's Degree (Doctorate Preferred for Master's programs- Required for doctoral programs). Some courses require a teaching credential
● Demonstrate experience in multiple and diverse settings
● Understand the development of praxis in teaching, learning technologies, and education
● Value a student-centered approach to the teaching and learning processes
● Engage students through rich use of technology in online learning environments
Our students represent the diverse mosaic of Southern California, with over forty percent of our student body from ethnic minority populations. Pepperdine places a high priority on sustaining a multi-culturally competent faculty and encourages applications from candidates who will enrich and contribute to diversity at Pepperdine. Pepperdine University is an independent Christian university related to the Churches of Christ, committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and Christian values, where students are strengthened for lives of purpose, service, and leadership.
Applications should include:
1. Cover letter indicating your area of expertise/current credential(s) held, courses you are interested in teaching, and campuses in which you would like to be considered
2. Curriculum Vitae
All materials must be submitted online at email@example.com.
In the Teacher Preparation Program, while we accept applications on a rolling basis for all course offerings, we are especially seeking instructors who can teach in one or more of the following content areas:
• Reading & Literacy for K-12 Teacher Education
• Multiple Subject Teaching Methods
• Single Subject Teaching Methods
• Teaching Students with Exceptional Needs
• Applied Linguistics
All applications are submitted into an ongoing adjunct pool. You will be contacted if your qualifications meet our current openings.