Facebook pixel GSEP International Student Resources | Pepperdine University | Graduate School of Education and Psychology Skip to main content
Pepperdine | Graduate School of Education and Psychology

GSEP International Student Resources

On behalf of the faculty and staff at the Graduate School of Education and Psychology (GSEP), welcome to the Pepperdine community! Each year, Pepperdine attracts students from a myriad of backgrounds, including students from all 50 states and over 70 countries.

We hope that the resources provided here will help you plan your time outside of the classroom and that you will use it as a resource, both before you leave for the United States and throughout your time in California. Please remember that this is not a comprehensive guide to living in California and it is recommended that you purchase a travel guide for more detailed and complete information.

General Information

Pepperdine University Resources at the Malibu Campus

With the Pepperdine Student ID card that you will receive at orientation, you will have access to all of Pepperdine University's resources on the Malibu campus, including:

GSEP Graduate Campus Locations

Maps and directions to the four GSEP graduate campuses in southern California can be found at gsep.pepperdine.edu/welcome/locations

The following webpages contain specific information about each of the GSEP Graduate Campuses, including maps, housing options, restaurants, and other resources:



Public transportation is available in the areas around the graduate campuses:

West Los Angeles:

West Los Angeles, Encino and Malibu:



When you arrive:
Plan to have $100-200 USD (United States Dollars) upon your arrival, or bring enough of your own money to exchange into US dollars at the airport.

Bank Cards:
Before leaving home we recommend that you check with your local bank that your bank card will be compatible with the bank machines in the United States and how much these transactions will cost you. You may want to ask your bank:

  • Is there a list of bank machines you can use in the United States?
  • What is the cheapest way to have your money transferred?
  • How can you pay your bills at home (for example, credit card bills with your home bank) from the United States?

Personal Banking:
HBSC is a worldwide bank with thousands of locations in across the globe that provides its customers with a MasterCard bank card, online banking options, and assistance when relocating to another country. You may want to consider opening a personal banking account at HBSC before you leave home so that you can access your account in the United States.

 You will find that there are many banks with branches all around southern California, for example, Wells Fargo and Bank of America.