GSEP Adjunct Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence
The GSEP Adjunct Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence recognizes outstanding teachers who embody GSEP's commitment to preparing students to serve their communities through careers in education and psychology. The award honors teachers who inspire and challenge their students to be leaders in their field.
Nominations for the 2015 awards will be accepted through Friday, June 19 and the results announced at the annual Celebration of Excellence event. Nominations received after that date will be considered for the 2016 awards. We invite you to take a moment to learn more about the GSEP Adjunct Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence and to nominate a deserving faculty member for the award.
Up to two recipients in both the education and psychology divisions can be granted the GSEP Adjunct Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence. Honorees will each receive $1000.
Adjunct faculty members must meet the following criteria:
- Taught at least three credit hours in the present academic year
- Taught at least three credit hours in the previous academic year
- Taught at least one course at GSEP in each of the last three academic years
- The nominee must not have received the same award during the past five years
The GSEP Adjunct Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence recognizes those adjunct faculty members who are truly great teachers and who embody GSEP's commitment to excellence. The nomination and selection of recipients of the award is based on the person's demonstrated excellence in teaching as evidenced by:
- Outstanding teaching ability including, but not limited to, classroom activities, presentations, and discussions
- Ability to organize course material and to present it effectively
- Mastery of the subject matter
- Ability to inspire students to learn
- Demonstrates professionalism and integrity
- Prepares students for lives of purpose, service, and leadership in support of the mission of GSEP and Pepperdine University
- Any faculty, staff, student, alumni, or academic administrator may nominate an adjunct faculty member for this award by submitting a completed nominations form online.
- The nomination should describe the accomplishments of the nominee that qualify him or her for the award, including specific reasons or examples of how the individual meets the award criteria.
- Self-nominations or solicitation of nominations by adjunct faculty are not acceptable.
- The committee requests information about the teaching performance of finalists from appropriate academic administrators, including program directors and associate deans. In the request, the committee includes the award criteria and a deadline for provision of the requested information.
- The committee holds any information provided in confidence and gives it appropriate weight in selecting the honorees.
Selection of awardees
- In addition to the nomination materials, the committee reviews the information provided by academic administrators.
- The recipients of the GSEP Adjunct Faculty Teaching Award are then selected.
- Awardees are notified of the award by the GSEP Dean.
Granting of award
- Recipients of the award will be announced at the GSEP Celebration of Excellence event.