Dennis Lowe, Ph.D.
Dr. Lowe's teaching areas include the diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders, couple and family therapy, and social psychology. Of particular interest are projects that promote recovery for those with mental health conditions and their family members. He was the founding director of Pepperdine's Center for the Family and currently holds the M. Norvel and Helen M. Young Endowed Chair in Family Life.
- PhD, Florida State University
- MA, Pepperdine University
- BA, Pepperdine University
- Faculty Member in Italy (1990, 2000), Argentina (2010, 2012), and Germany (2016, 2018)
- Howard A. White Award for Teaching Excellence, 2012
- Luckman Distinguished Teaching Fellow Award, 1996
- Distinguished Alum of Pepperdine University, 2011
- Board Member, Project Return Peer Support Network, 2010-2013
- Christian Service Award, Associated Women for Pepperdine, 2010
- Family Ministry Award, Boone Center for the Family, 2008
- John Trent Servant Leadership Award, Association of Marriage and Family Ministries, 2005
- 600: Diagnosis and Treatment of Mental Health Disorders
- 607: Social Psychology
- 639: Couple and Family Therapy I