Master of Science in Behavioral Psychology
Real-world training for careers in ABA
The Master of Science in Behavioral Psychology program will prepare students to become board certified behavior analysts, working with individuals with impairments such as autism spectrum disorders, developmental disabilities, or traumatic brain injury (TBI). This is a verified course sequence from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB).
The BACB exam pass-rate data can be found here. Pass-rate data are not published for verified course sequences within their first four years of operation.
Program Length / Units
1.5-2 years / 38 units
Fall, Spring, Summer
West Los Angeles (Please note that your campus of choice cannot be guaranteed. Campus offerings are contingent upon availability and subject to change.)
Designed for both working professionals and full-time students alike, this program provides a thorough understanding of the concepts and principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA). Employing the practitioner-scholar model of professional training, rigorous theoretical study is paired with in-depth clinical training where students will accrue experience hours working alongside professional behavior analysts, helping patients to develop adaptive skills for optimal functioning in educational, family, social, and occupational roles. Upon graduation and completion of all necessary experience hours, students will be eligible to sit for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) exam.
- Nationally regarded graduate school of psychology with the #6-ranked Psy.D. program in the US*
- Access to major-university resources at the #46-ranked university in the US**
- Outstanding faculty, recognized experts, scholars and clinicians
- Supervised clinical experience beginning in the second term of the program
- Dedicated placement team to help find and secure fieldwork placements
- Small class sizes providing a supportive learning environment and meaningful student-faculty interactions
- Convenient evening format class schedules to accommodate working professionals
- Students currently working in ABA can meet fieldwork requirements at the site of their current employment
- Extensive networking opportunities through our alumni network with more than 20,000 professionals
*U.S. News & World Report, Best Grad School Rankings, Clinical Psychology
** U.S. News & Report, Best Colleges Rankings, National Universities