Admission Requirements: MS in Learning Design and Technology
In an effort to process your application quickly, we only accept electronic application materials.
To apply for this program, please submit:
1. Your application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee
2. Transcript(s)- Official transcript sent electronically via one of the approved companies listed below from the institution that awarded the baccalaureate degree to the applicant. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for initial admissions review; however, official transcripts must be received to complete an applicant’s file and enroll in the subsequent term.
- Electronic Transcript(s) emailed to email@example.com
- Official transcript(s) may be sent from one of the following approved companies:
Hard-copy Transcript(s), in a sealed and stamped envelope, mailed to:
5th Floor- Enrollment Processing
6100 Center Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA
3. One recommendation submitted directly from an individual familiar with the applicant’s academic or professional competencies, character, and potential to complete rigorous graduate studies. Academic recommendations from professors, instructors, or academic advisors; or professional recommendations from supervisors for employment, volunteer work, internship, or related activity satisfy this requirement. The online Recommendation Form should be emailed by your recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. A 250-500 word statement of purpose in which the applicant discusses his or her personal and professional goals and how completing this degree will enable those goals, emailed to email@example.com if not included in your online application.
5. A personal interview may be required
(Optional) If your baccalaureate or master's degree GPA is lower than 3.0 or you're seeking an exception to our GRE or TOEFL/IELTS test requirements, please fill out this Exception Request Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Optional) Your professional CV or resume emailed to email@example.com.
International Student Requirements:
7. All applicants who received or will receive their degree from a university outside of the US (unless the degree is from a university which is already regionally accredited within the US) are required to submit a detailed foreign transcript evaluation report from any National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member, such as the International Education Research Foundation at ierf.org or the World Education Services, Inc., at wes.org.
A detailed foreign transcript evaluation report will contain the following:
- Foreign transcripts translated into English.
- A detailed course-by-course report with the grade point average calculated on a US 4.0 scale.
- A determination of US degree equivalency (regional accreditation equivalency is required)
If you are attending school outside of the US and have not completed your bachelor's degree at the time of application, we would need your current NACES member international transcript evaluation (please see above for requirements). Upon degree completion, you are required to provide an updated NACES member evaluation reflecting your final courses, final cumulative GPA equivalency and US degree equivalency.
Please have the evaluation service, send your updated evaluation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If your first language is not English, you must submit a minimum score of 550 on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL). If taking the Internet-based TOEFL test, you will need a minimum score of 80. Information concerning the availability of this test outside of the US can be obtained by contacting TOEFL, Educational Testing Services, Princeton, NJ 08540, USA or online at www.toefl.org. Our TOEFL code is 4630. As an alternative to the TOEFL, you may submit a score of at least 6.5 on the IELTS exam. You can find out more at www.ielts.orgIELTS scores can be sent electronically by choosing "Pepperdine University Graduate School of Education and Psychology" from the dropdown menu.