MA in Teaching
Become a Teacher in Just 11 Months
Our Master of Arts in Teaching (with preliminary teaching credential) is designed for students who wish to pursue a master's degree in conjunction with a teaching credential. Our program prepares students to succeed in the classroom with the skills and tools needed to become confident leaders. This degree can be completed in just 11 months.
11 months/34 units
West Los Angeles, Irvine, Encino, Calabasas (Please note that your campus of choice cannot be guaranteed. Campus offerings are contingent upon availability and subject to change.)
This program focuses on hands-on, practical experience and culminates with an capstone experience in place of a thesis. Course work is linked to classroom experiences through rigorous explorations of theoretical foundations and solid research-based methodologies. Students may choose to pursue either a multiple-subject or single-subject credential.
Through our hybrid online program format, students gain the necessary skills required
to be effective in today's digital classrooms. With four campuses to choose from and
classes starting in the fall, or spring, we offer a great deal of flexibility in earning
the Master of Arts in Teaching degree.
- Prestigious program combines theory with practical application for an exceptional professional foundation
- Nationally-recognized faculty of scholar-practitioners with extensive educational experience
- Small class sizes provide an environment for faculty mentorship, close peer interaction, and lifelong professional relationships
- Class availability to fit your schedule, at four accessible locations throughout Southern California
- Professional development training
- Dedicated career services department
- Far-reaching alumni network more than 20,000 people strong