MA in Teaching
Become a Teacher in Just 11 Months
Our Master of Arts in Teaching (with preliminary teaching credential) is designed for students who wish to pursue a master's degree in conjunction with a teaching credential. This full-time program prepares students to succeed in the classroom with the skills and tools needed to become confident leaders. This degree can be completed in just 11 months.
11 months/34 units
West Los Angeles, Calabasas (Please note that your campus of choice cannot be guaranteed. Campus offerings are contingent upon availability and subject to change.)
This program focuses on hands-on, practical experience and culminates with a capstone experience in place of a thesis. Course work is linked to classroom experiences through rigorous explorations of theoretical foundations and solid research-based methodologies. Students may choose to pursue either a multiple-subject or single-subject credential.
Our hybrid format allows students to complete this 11-month program through face-to-face and online instruction. Utilizing a cohort learning model, this program weaves in clinical practice from the moment students begin, ensuring a robust experience in diverse schools.
- Prestigious program combines theory with practical application for an exceptional professional foundation
- Nationally-recognized faculty of scholar-practitioners with extensive educational experience
- Small class sizes provide an environment for faculty mentorship, close peer interaction, and lifelong professional relationships
- Professional development training
- Dedicated career services department
- Far-reaching alumni network more than 20,000 people strong