Dr. June Schmieder-Ramirez is the Chair of the PhD in Global Leadership and Change
and Professor of Education. Dr. Schmieder-Ramirez draws from her background as a superintendent
of schools to inform her students on how to address complex global challenges as a
leader, utilize their interdisciplinary background skills, and encourage critical
thinking within an innovative lens.
Dr. Schmieder-Ramirez shares her research with other universities and recently completed an in-person keynote speech at King Fahd University in Saudi Arabia.
She was recently appointed an editor of Springer Publishing's Handbook of Global Leadership
and Followership: Integrating the Best Leadership Theory and Practice.
Her current research interests include University/Industry/Government Alliances utilizing innovation, distribution of resources and connectivity, digital entrepreneurship, and the importance of a leader possessing a global mindset.
She has published in peer-reviewed journals, including the Academy of Management Journal, Scholar and Educator, and Journal of Global Leadership.
She is President of the non-profit International Center for Global Leadership, which holds its annual conference every June and is building a technology center in Placencia Belize for the benefit of students in the country as well as in the United States.
- PhD, Stanford University, Administration and Policy Analysis
- MA, Stanford University, Psychology
- MBA, St. Mary's College
- BA, San Jose State University, English Literature
- Life Teaching Credential State of California
- Life Administrative Credential State of California
Best Paper Award
- Schmieder, J, Madjidi, F. Frazier, L., Juarez, D. (2016) Developing a Global Mindset, IOSSBR Conference, San Antonio TX
Selected Conferences, Proceedings
- Schmieder-Ramirez, Bertin, R., Juarez, R. (2018). The importance of a global mindset. The Association of Boarding Schools/National Association of independent Schools, April 15-17, 2018, New Orleans.
- Schmieder-Ramirez, ,J. Neiworth,L, Najera, C., Lam,J. (2015). Adopting a Global Mindset to Enable Doctoral Students of Organizational Leadership to Understand their Potential for Expertise in Global Leadership. Society for Management Conference, Las Vegas. February 27, 2015.
- Sparks, P., Schmieder-Ramirez,J, Najera,C. (2013). Developing Leaders Through a Technology Supported Model Hybrid Ed.D. Program. In Proceedings, SAM Conference
- Schmieder-Ramirez,J., Sparks,P. Najera,C. (2013). Developing Globally Minded Leaders Through a Model Doctoral program at a Private University. SAM Conference.
- Hyatt, L. Schmieder-Ramirez, J. Madjidi, F. (2010) Sustainable Leaders—Responsible Action: A Call for Courage During a Crisis of Confidence, SAM Advanced Management Journal.
- Schmieder-Ramirez,J Fortson,J.L. & Madjidi, F. (2004) Assessment of intercultural sensitivity of organizational leadership doctoral studentsutilizing the intercultural development inventory. (IDI). Scholar and Educator, the Journal of the Society of Educators
Selected Journal Articles/Honors
- Selected Editor of the Handbook on Leadership/Followership 2021
- Schmieder-Ramirez,J., Mallette,L. (2015) The SPELIT Matrix in Education Applications and Development, Mafaldo Carmo ed. inScience Press.
- Schmieder-Ramirez, (2012). Developing the global leader: The new program degree model of the future. Scholar and Educator Journal. XXXI. P. 84-105.
- Schmieder, J. Fitzpatrick,J,Rodgers,R., Leigh,D.,Purrington,L.,Reilly,E. (2008). The effects of video enhanced VoIP online communication tools on acceptance of synchronous online communications by students in the education and policy analysis (ELAP) doctoral courses at a private university. E-Learn World Conference on E-learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare and Higher Education. ISBN 978-1-880094-66-2
- Tamayose, T.S., Madjidi, F., Schmieder-Ramirez,J., Rice, G.T. (2004). Important factors when choosing a career in public health. California Journal of Health Promotion. Volume 2, Issue 1, pp 65-73.
- Schmieder, J. (1998). Privatization of School Food Services and its Effect on the Financial Status Of the Cafeteria Fund in Participating California School Districts. ERIC
- McGrevin, C.Z. Schmieder,J. (1993). Keys to Success: Critical Skills for the Novice Principal. ERIC.
- Schmieder, J.H., McGrevin, C. Z.; Townley, A. (1994). Critical Skills for the Principalship.
- The Schmieder Global Mindset Inventory: Assessing Your Intercultural Skills
- The Intercultural Test (https://he/kendallhunt.com/product/module-2-assessment-global-competencies)
- Townley , A.J, Sweeney, D.P. Schmieder, J. (1994). School Board Elections: A Study of Voting Patterns. Urban Education. Sage Publishing: New York.
- Townley, A., Schmieder-Ramirez,J. (2018). School Finance: A California Perspective.
Dubuque: IA, Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- *Townley, A., Schmieder-Ramirez, J. (2016). School Personnel: A California Perspective,(8th
Dubuque,IA, Kendall Hunt Publishing
- *Townley, A., Schmieder-Ramirez,J. (2018) School Law: A California Perspective(10th ed.) Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Schmieder-Ramirez, J. McManus, J. (2013). The Accreditors are Coming! The Accreditors
Coming! Dubuque: IA, Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Schmieder-Ramirez,J, Mallette, L. (2007). The SPELIT Power Matrix. Booksurge Publishing.
- Schmieder-Ramirez, J. Cairns, D. (1996). Ten Skills of Highly Effective Principals.,
Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Howard White Excellence in Teaching Award