Pepperdine GSEP Faculty Directory
Doug Leigh, PhD
PhD, Florida State University; MS, Florida State University; MDR, Pepperdine University; BA, Florida State University
Dr. Doug Leigh earned his PhD in instructional systems from Florida State University, where he served as a technical director of projects with various local, state, and federal agencies. His current research, publication, and lecture interests concern cause analysis, organizational trust, leadership visions, and dispute resolution. He is coeditor of The Handbook of Selecting and Implementing Performance Interventions (Wiley, 2010) and coauthor of The Assessment Book (HRD Press, 2008), Strategic Planning for Success (Jossey-Bass, 2003) and Useful Educational Results (Proactive Publishing, 2001).
Leigh served on a two-year special assignment to the National Science Foundation, is two-time chair of the American Evaluation Association's Needs Assessment Topic Interest Group, and past editor-in-chief of the International Society for Performance Improvement's (ISPI) monthly professional journal, Performance Improvement. A lifetime member of ISPI, he is also a member of the editorial board for its peer-reviewed journal, Performance Improvement Quarterly.
- 766: Research Design and Analysis
- 787: Comprehensive Examination Seminar
- 791: Dissertation Research
- Curriculum Vita: Doug Leigh, Ph.D.
- Handbook of Improving Performance in the Workplace, The Handbook of Selecting and Implementing Performance Interventions (2010)
- The Assessment Book Applied Strategic Thinking and Performance Improvement Through Self-Assessments (2008)
- Strategic Planning for Success: Aligning People, Performance, and Payoffs (2003)
- Useful Educational Results: Defining, Prioritizing & Accomplishing (2001)
- Needs Assessment Resources