GSEP Honors Veterans Day 2020
Pepperdine GSEP is proud to honor our veterans today for their courage, sacrifice, and service. We want to give thanks to those who have given freely to us.
History of Veterans Day
In November 1919, President Wilson proclaimed November 11 as the first commemoration of Armistice Day which would become Veterans Day.
"To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations…"
Ways to Support Veterans
- Learn more about the history of Veterans Day through this short video.
- Send a message of thanks and support to service members or provide them a gift from the USO Wishbook.
- Give to the USO to support its mission of strengthening the military by connecting them to family, home, and country.
- Volunteer with the USO to serve local military communities.
- Donate to a GSEP Veterans Fund through the Curtice and Evelyn Booth Veterans Endowed Scholarship created by our GSEP Board Member, Evelyn Booth
Our friends at the Medal of Freedom Foundation's 2021| Teacher Program is accepting applications for scholarships and other opportunities on November 30th!
Pepperdine’s Veterans Services
Pepperdine University's motto is "Freely ye received, freely give". As we live this out, we want to give and support those who have freely given to us.
Pepperdine University is a proud Yellow Ribbon school.
We also offer support services ranging from benefits-counseling to veterans student organizations and additional scholarships like the Ahmanson Veteran Scholarship Initiative, Waves Got Your Six Scholarship from the Land of the Free Foundation, and the Curtice and Evelyn Booth Veterans Endowed Scholarship.
Thank you to all of our veterans. We celebrate and recognize you today for all that you’ve done for this country. We lift you up in our prayers.
Learn more about Veterans Day: