GSEP Faculty Directory
Linda K. Purrington, EdD
EdD, Pepperdine University; MA, California State University at Fullerton; BA, California State University at Fullerton
Dr. Linda Purrington is a lecturer and academic chair of the master of science in administration and preliminary administrative services credential (the Educational Leadership Academy) and the doctor of education in educational leadership, administration, and policy (ELAP) at GSEP. She was formerly the director of the master of arts in education with teaching credential program at GSEP, in which she taught second language theory and methods, literacy methods, and math methods.
Purrington worked for 21 years in K-12 education as a district office coordinator for state and federal programs, a grant writer, an elementary principal, an elementary assistant principal, and a bilingual-cross cultural specialist classroom teacher. She previously taught part-time at Cal State University, Fullerton; Cal State University, Long Beach; Chapman University, and Concordia University.
Purrington recently joined the California Association for Professors of Educational Administration committee for Equity, Diversity, and Achievement for Social Justice.
- 776A: Evaluating/Presenting Outcomes of Inquiry
- 791: Dissertation Research
- Building leadership capacity in K-12 and higher education settings
- Culturally proficient leadership and teaching practices
- Leading educational organization change efforts
- Student and adult learning within and across diverse and distributed learning communities