Summer 2017 Priority Deadline: March 1, 2017
Fall 2017 Priority Deadline: June 1, 2017
In an effort to process your application quickly, we only accept electronic application materials.
To apply for this program, please submit:
- Your application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- Official student transcripts from the accredited colleges or universities that awarded
your baccalaureate degree via one of the following approved companies:
- National Student Clearinghouse
- Applicants who are pursuing their bachelors at the time of application should submit an in-progress (current) transcript and will be required to submit a final transcript showing the degree posted after completion of their undergraduate program. Please request all transcripts to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two professional recommendations from individuals familiar with your academic and professional competencies using this Recommendation Form. Recommendations should attest to your competencies, character, and potential and/or ability as a mental health professional. Your recommenders should email the completed forms to email@example.com.
- A 2-5 page Statement of Purpose describing your previous training and experience, current interests, future professional goals, and reasons for applying to the program, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (General Test), taken within the last five years. International applicants are required to submit TOEFL scores. For more information about testing, please click here.
- (Optional) If your baccalaureate or master's degree GPA is lower than 3.0 or you're seeking an exception to our TOEFL test requirement, please fill out this Exception Request Form and email it to email@example.com.
If you have a Master of Arts in Psychology or a Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy, you may be able to transfer 12 units of the core foundation courses. However, these courses must have been taken within the last seven years and must be from a regionally-accredited institution. The final decision of the transfer units will be made by the program director.