Masters Degree Programs in Psychology
Masters of Clinical Psychology with emphasis in Marriage & Family Therapy - Evening Format
ATTENTION APPLICANTS: NEW PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS STARTING FALL 2012 FOR THE MASTER OF ARTS IN CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY DEGREE - click here to learn more
-Building Stronger Families: Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
The Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy offers an academic and practicum foundation for work in family therapy or clinical, counseling, community, or developmental psychology. Our curriculum is designed to meet the academic requirements for the Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) license in California. As part of your program, you will gain supervised counseling experience in approved clinical settings and earn a portion of the 3,000 hours of experience required for the MFT license.
The Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy features:
- A choice between a full-time day program or a part-time evening program for working professionals
- A clinical and practice-based course of study, emphasizing current, applied methods of psychotherapy
- Instruction based on a variety of theoretical orientations and therapeutic modalities that are practiced regularly in today's mental health marketplace
- Assistance in field placements for supervised clinical experience toward MFT license requirements
- Prerequisite requirements for application to the Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) program
Download a program brochure and read our quarterly news update to learn more.