EdD in Educational Technology
Hybrid Program for Leaders Driving Innovation
Our doctoral program in learning technologies prepares you to leverage computer-based and networked technologies to engage with learners. Ideal for people with a solid level of comfort using various forms of technology and social media. The program draws professionals in K-12 education, post-secondary education, museums, libraries, corporations, government institutions, NGOs, and media enterprises.
Program Length / Units
2 years (6 trimesters) course work; average of 1.5 years dissertation / 48 units
West Los Angeles /Online
This program supports the development of agency in our students in three ways: First, the curriculum blends basic and applied knowledge across disciplines. Second, our emphasis on experiential learning extends student vision beyond the local context. Third, our connections with organizations and institutions working in learning and media offer students access to an entire network of expertise.
- A scholar-practitioner model integrates theory and best practices
- A strong alumni network creates influential business connections
- The hybrid program format is specifically designed for the working professional
- National and international trips provide a global perspective on technology and learning around the world
- Small class sizes deliver an environment for strong faculty interaction, as well as long-term professional and personal relationships
- The curriculum emphasizes experiential learning and offers students access to leading researchers in the field
- A supportive learning environment and faculty with exemplary academic achievements and professional expertise