Summer 2017 Priority Deadline: March 1, 2017
Fall 2017 Priority Deadline: June 1, 2017
- Admissions for this program are rolling. Once an application is complete it is reviewed for admission. Applications received after the deadline are reviewed and students are accepted on a space-available basis.
In an effort to process your application quickly, we only accept electronic application materials.
To apply for this program, please submit:
- Your application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- Official student transcripts safely and electronically via one of the following approved companies:
- Two professional recommendations using this Recommendation Form. The recommendation should attest to your competencies, character, and potential and/or ability as an educator. Your recommenders should email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A 1-2 page Statement of Educational Purpose to email@example.com.
- A photocopy of any currently held teaching, instructional, or services credential(s), if any, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A signed Statement of Responsibility Form emailed to email@example.com.
- An official California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) passing transcript or proof of attempt for the Basic Skills Requirement emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Passing transcript or proof of registration for the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET). The passing transcript is required even if the applicant has asked Evaluation Systems, Pearson (ES) to send Pepperdine University the results. Applicants who have successfully completed a Commission-approved Subject Matter Equivalency program must obtain a Subject Matter Equivalency letter from the college or university. The original Subject Matter Equivalency letter will be accepted in lieu of the CSET. **A passing score on the CSET is required for enrollment in Clinical Experience II in the second semester.
- Your California Certificate of Character and Identification Clearance (COC) must be completed prior to admission to the Master of Arts in Teaching program. (Click on the 'Educator Page' button).
- (Optional) If your baccalaureate or master's degree GPA is lower than 3.0 or you're seeking an exception to our GRE or TOEFL test requirements, please fill out this Exception Request Form and email it to email@example.com.