GSEP Student Employment Office
The GSEP Student Employment Office serves students, faculty, and staff by supporting on-campus student employment. Currently enrolled GSEP students (at least 6 units per term) are eligible to apply for student employment positions.
The Graduate School of education and Psychology offers three types of on-campus student employment:
Graduate Assistant (GA) - up to 19.75 hours a week
- Duties as assigned by supervisor
Teaching Assistant (TA) – up to 6 hours a week
- Teaching Assistants are generally utilized to assist in grading exams, papers and exercises, holding study sessions for the students, individual tutoring, and performing clerical duties related to the course.
- The faculty member is responsible for being present during the administration of exams. Teaching Assistants do not proctor the regular exams that are given in the classroom. TAs may, however, be available to proctor a make-up exam for a student when necessary.
- Teaching Assistants do not lecture or teach in a regular class session. They may lead study sessions outside of regular class time or be available for individual or group tutoring.
- To be eligible for a teaching assistantship, a student must be registered as a full-time student in programs offered by Pepperdine University's Graduate School of Education and Psychology. An individual registered for at least 6 units per semester is considered a full-time student.
Research Assistants (RA) – up to 10 hours a week
- Research assistants perform such activities as collecting and reviewing articles; collecting, scoring, and analyzing data; and assisting in the preparation of presentations and/or articles.
- To be eligible for a research assistantship, a student must be registered as a full-time student in programs offered by Pepperdine University's Graduate School of Education and Psychology. An individual registered for at least 6 units per semester is considered a full-time student.
The pay rate for student employment positions is $12.20 (master’s level) or $13.30 (doctoral level).
To learn more about Student Employment at GSEP, click here http://community.pepperdine.edu/gsep/student-services/student-employment/