Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
In an effort to process your application quickly, we only accept electronic application materials.
To apply for this program, please submit:
- Your application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- Official student transcripts from the regionally accredited colleges or universities that awarded your baccalaureate degree via one of the following approved companies:
- Two professional recommendations using the Recommendation Section in our online application. While completing your online application, you will list your recommenders and an e-mail requesting a letter will be sent to them. Recommendations should attest to your competencies, character, and potential to the program. Additionally, recommenders may also complete this form and email it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A 1-2 page Statement of Educational Purpose emailed to email@example.com if not included in your online application.
- (Optional) If your baccalaureate or master's degree GPA is lower than 3.0 or you're seeking an exception to our GRE or TOEFL test requirements, please fill out this Exception Request Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International Student Requirements:
- Applicants who attended schools outside the United States are required to submit certified transcripts in English. Submitted transcripts must include a cumulative grade point average (GPA on a 4.0 scale, A = 4.0) that has been evaluated by a NACES member credential service (www.naces.org) such as the World Education Services, Inc. (www.wes.org) or the International Education Research Foundation (www.ierf.org)
- If you have not completed your bachelor's degree at the time of application, submit a current transcript. Upon degree completion, you are required to provide official transcripts in a sealed envelope directly from the institution who awarded your degree prior to enrollment.
Pepperdine Graduate School of Education and Psychology Admissions
6100 Center Drive 5th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA
Note:If your first language is not English, you must submit a minimum score of 550 on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL). If taking the Internet-based TOEFL test, you will need a minimum score of 80. Information concerning the availability of this test outside of the US can be obtained by contacting TOEFL, Educational Testing Services, Princeton, NJ 08540, USA or online at www.toefl.org. As an alternative to the TOEFL, you may submit a score of at least 6.5 on the IELTS exam. Our TOEFL code is 4630.