Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Fall Term 2018 Regular Deadline: July 1, 2018
Note: Admissions for this program are rolling. Applications received after the deadline are reviewed and students are accepted on a space-available basis.
- Fall classes begin in September.
In an effort to process your application quickly, we only accept electronic application materials.
To apply for this program, please submit:
- Your application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- Official student transcripts safely and electronically via one of the following approved companies:
- Two professional recommendations using this Recommendation Form. The recommendation should attest to your competencies, character, and potential and/or ability as an educator. Your recommenders should email the completed forms to email@example.com.
- A 1-2 page Statement of Educational Purpose emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (Optional) If your baccalaureate or master's degree GPA is lower than 3.0 or you're seeking an exception to our GRE or TOEFL test requirements, please fill out this Exception Request Form and email it to email@example.com.
- International Student Requirements:
- Applicants who attended schools outside the United States are required to submit certified transcripts in English. Submitted transcripts must include a cumulative grade point average (GPA on a 4.0 scale, A = 4.0) that has been evaluated by a NACES member credential service (www.naces.org) such as the World Education Services, Inc. (www.wes.org) or the International Education Research Foundation (www.ierf.org)
- If you have not completed your bachelor's degree at the time of application, submit a current transcript. Upon degree completion, you are required to provide official transcripts in a sealed envelope prior to enrollment.
Pepperdine Graduate School of Education and Psychology Admissions
6100 Center Drive 5th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA
Note:If your first language is not English, you must submit a minimum score of 550 on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL). If taking the Internet-based TOEFL test, you will need a minimum score of 80. Information concerning the availability of this test outside of the US can be obtained by contacting TOEFL, Educational Testing Services, Princeton, NJ 08540, USA or online at www.toefl.org. As an alternative to the TOEFL, you may submit a score of at least 6.5 on the IELTS exam.