GSEP International Student RESOURCES
On behalf of the faculty and staff at the Graduate School of Education and Psychology (GSEP), welcome to the Pepperdine community! Each year, Pepperdine attracts students from a myriad of backgrounds, including students from all 50 states and over 70 countries.
We hope that the resources provided here will help you plan your time outside of the classroom and that you will use it as a resource, both before you leave for the United States and throughout your time in California. Please remember that this is not a comprehensive guide to living in California and it is recommended that you purchase a travel guide for more detailed and complete information.
- Pepperdine University website
- The Office of International Student Services supports international students by offering a range of services, including admission consideration (I-20s), immigration support and student orientations. Contact: http://www.pepperdine.edu/internationalstudents/ or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of International Student Services " Frequently Asked Questions" page
PEPPERDINE UNIVERSITY RESOURCES AT THE MALIBU CAMPUS
With the Pepperdine Student ID card that you will receive at orientation, you will have access to all of Pepperdine University's resources on the Malibu campus, including:
- Office of International Student Services (OISS)
- Campus recreation
- Athletic events
- Campus Dining Services
GSEP GRADUATE CAMPUS LOCATIONS
The following webpages contain specific information about each of the GSEP Graduate Campuses, including maps, housing options, restaurants, and other resources:
- West Los Angeles Graduate Campus (NOTE: GSEP administrative offices are centrally located at the West Los Angeles Graduate Campus; staff and assistants are available at each campus to assist you.)
- Encino Graduate Campus
- Malibu Drescher Graduate Campus
- Irvine Graduate Campus
- Westlake Village Graduate Campus
- GSEP Housing webpage
- If you need a place to stay upon your arrival to the U.S., a list of nearby hotels is included on the graduate campus webpages listed above.
Public transportation is available in the areas around the graduate campuses:West Los Angeles:
- Irvine i shuttle - local transportation around and to/from the Irvine Graduate Campus
When you arrive:
Plan to have $100-200 USD (United States Dollars) upon your arrival, or bring enough of your own money to exchange into US dollars at the airport.
Before leaving home we recommend that you check with your local bank that your bank card will be compatible with the bank machines in the United States and how much these transactions will cost you. You may want to ask your bank:
- Is there a list of bank machines you can use in the United States?
- What is the cheapest way to have your money transferred?
- How can you pay your bills at home (for example, credit card bills with your home bank) from the United States?
HBSC is a worldwide bank with thousands of locations in across the globe that provides its customers with a MasterCard bank card, online banking options, and assistance when relocating to another country. You may want to consider opening a personal banking account at HBSC before you leave home so that you can access your account in the United States.
You will find that there are many banks with branches all around southern California, for example, Wells Fargo and Bank of America.