New Student Orientation
Pepperdine is a Christian university committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and Christian values, where students are strengthened for lives of purpose, service, and leadership.
Welcome to the Pepperdine University Graduate School of Education and Psychology. Our new student orientation is designed to introduce you to the university and our program.
The purpose of orientation is to ensure that new candidates have a successful transition and integration into the Master of Arts in Education program. Our orientation program provides expectations and promotes Pepperdine’s rich culture. By attending orientation, students will:
- Gain an understanding of Pepperdine’s mission, as well as of GSEP’s culture
- Begin to build relationships with cohorts, faculty, and program support
- Learn about degree requirements and program policies
- Understand their academic course schedules
- Become familiar with the student support services available
- Understand the importance of academic responsibility and ownership within the program
- Learn about the technologies and online software programs used in the program coursework
Below, we provide important resources and links that will familiarize you with the program and connect you to the campus and university. We look forward to meeting you at orientation
Get Connected with Pepperdine
WaveNet is an online portal that connects the Pepperdine Community to intranet resources. On WaveNet, you can check your schedule and grades, see your financial aid status, pay your tuition, access numerous library research databases, and much more. You can also stay up to date with Pepperdine’s news and events by subscribing to PEPPERDINE TODAY and the Pepperdine magazine mobile app!
Our Graduate Campuses
We have four graduate campuses: West Los Angeles, Encino, Westlake and Irvine. We recognize that you will be spending time at our campuses during the face-to-face sessions.
There are many restaurants located in close proximity to all of the campuses. Please click here for more information on dining options around our campuses.
Campus Parking Information
Parking procedures differ between campuses. Parking instructions for all campuses are available here. On the first day of orientation at our West Los Angeles campus, parking tickets will be validated in suite 100 for a lower rate of $5.
Campus ID Instructions
During orientation, students may secure a Campus ID Card. We recommend that students acquire ID cards prior to your face-to-face class meetings, to avoid last-minute crowds. Click here for more information on Pepperdine ID Cards.
Orientation is mandatory for all students. Please bring your laptop, power cord, and headphones.
Location: West Los Angeles Campus
Technology plays an integral role in our programs. Orientation incorporates technology in hopes of providing an experience that facilitates your transition into online learning. Online learning tools are better than ever, and here at Pepperdine, we utilize many to create the best blended learning experience possible. Here you can find some helpful guides to blended learning, google hangouts, and distance education.
We seek to constantly improve our orientation program. There will be a specified time to complete the evaluations during orientation.
Textbooks may be purchased from the bookstore located on the 1st floor of the West Los Angeles Graduate Campus. To visit the website, please click here.
- For questions about orientation, please contact Maria Marion, Assistant Program Director, at 310-568-2310, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding admissions, please contact Enrollment Services at 310-258-2850, or email@example.com.
- For registration and all other program information, please contact Alicia Standifer, Academic Advisor, at (310) 568-5770, or Alicia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about student accounts (billing, payments), please contact Tiffany Wright, Student Accounts Coordinator, at (310) 568-5588, or email@example.com
- For questions about financial aid, please contact Melissa Peters, Financial Aid Advisor, at (310) 568-5775, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about credentialing, please contact Summer O’Neal, Credential Administrator, at (310) 568-5608, or email@example.com
- For general questions about the program, please contact Tammy Hong, Manager of Outreach and Recruitment, at firstname.lastname@example.org