Changing Lives: Master of Arts in Psychology
The Master of Arts in Psychology program can serve as your gateway into the human services field or as a stepping stone into a doctorate program. Gain a theoretical and practical understanding of the principles of psychology within the framework of a strong clinical emphasis. Courses present various aspects of the art and science of psychology as it is applied to the understanding of human behavior and to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental and emotional problems. The 36-44 unit program is open to students whose bachelor's degrees are in fields other than psychology.
The Master of Arts in Psychology features:
- Faculty who bring strong clinical experience into the classroom
- A values-based curriculum that focuses on personal as well as professional growth
- Opportunities to gain real-world experience through on-campus clinics and community partnerships
- Small classes to encourage a supportive environment
- Convenient class schedules offered on weeknights and occasional weekends