Master of Arts in Education
Admissions for this program are rolling. Once an application is complete it is reviewed for admission. We do not wait until the deadline to review your application.
If an application is submitted after the deadline, it will be reviewed on space-available basis. If there is no space-available, the applicant will be considered for the next term that this program accepts applicants.
- Currently accepting applications for Fall 2016
- Priority Application Deadline - June 1, 2016
- Classes begin in September
- Application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- Official transcript in a registrar's sealed and stamped/signed envelope from the accredited institution that awarded the bachelor's degree to the applicant, as well as transcripts from all colleges or universities attended to earn bachelor's degree.
- Two professional recommendations attesting to the your competencies, character, and potential and/or ability as an educator. Letters on professional letterhead or forms provided are acceptable. Official forms/letters may be submitted in a sealed, stamped/signed envelope from your recommender to our West Los Angeles Graduate Campus, or emailed from your recommender's professional or academic email address to your admissions manager.
- A one-to-two page Statement of Educational Purpose.
Additional Requirements for Teacher Preparation:
- A photocopy of currently-held teaching, instructional, or services credential(s), if any.
- Statement of Responsibility.
- An official California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) passing transcript or proof of attempt for the Basic Skills Requirement.
- Passing transcript or proof of registration for the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET). The passing transcript is required even if the applicant has asked Evaluation Systems, Pearson (ES) to send Pepperdine University the results. Applicants who have successfully completed a Commission-approved Subject Matter Equivalency program must obtain a Subject Matter Equivalency letter from the college or university. The original Subject Matter Equivalency letter will be accepted in lieu of the CSET. A passing score on the CSET is required for enrollment in Clinical Experience II in the second semester.
- California Certificate of Character and Identification Clearance (COC) must be completed prior to admission to the Master of Arts with Teacher Preparation program. (Click on the 'Educator Page' button.)
- (Note: Single-Subject Credential applicants must have 12-15 units of subject area reflected on the undergraduate transcript)