Facebook Pixel Master of Arts in Education with Teaching Credential | Pepperdine University | Graduate School of Education and Psychology

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):

1. Do I need to take the GRE?

  • No.

2.  Do I have to have the CSET and CBEST completed before I can be accepted into the program?

  • For acceptance you need to have proof of attempt or passing transcript for CBEST and passing transcript or proof of registration for CSET. Copies of these documents can be sent directly to the Admissions Office.

3.  How do I know which subject to take on the CSET?

  • The subject of your exam should be in-line with the subject you want to teach and the single-subject credential you wish to pursue. For more details about the CSET exam go to www.cset.nesinc.com.

4.  Do you offer special education credential?

  • We do not offer a credential in special education at this time.

5. What education requirements do I need to have to apply to this program?

  • You need to have a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Some teaching experience is helpful but it’s not a requirement.  For single subject teachers we do require that you have completed 12-15 units of undergraduate coursework of the subject you plan on teaching.

6.  When is the application deadline?

  • We operate on a “rolling admissions” basis. This means we review applications as they are received. Therefore, though we have application deadline dates, we encourage applicants to apply well in advance of the posted deadlines.

Fall – June 15th
Spring – October 14th
Summer – March 15th

7.  How long does the program take to complete?

  • The program can be completed in 11 to 13 months, going full-time or, it can be extended for as long as seven years, should a student require that flexibility.

8.  How much does the program cost?

  • Please call the Graduate School of Education and Psychology to discuss costs and available financial aid. Current information about program costs, financial aid, scholarships, etc., can also be obtained by attending an Information Meeting at a local campus.

9.  What is the required GPA?

  • 3.0 is considered the minimum GPA to apply to this program.

10. On what days will I have to be in class?

  • Generally you will be in class 3-4 days per week. However, the number of days varies based on your enrollment status (part-time vs. full-time).

11.  On what campus is this program available?

  • This program is offered on the following campuses: West Los Angeles, Irvine, and Encino.

Not all campus locations offer this program at each start time.

For more information, please contact:
Education Division Recruiter at (310) 568-5622 or email: