Master of Arts in Education with Teaching Credential
We operate on a rolling admissions basis. Once an application is complete, it is reviewed for admission. We do not wait until the deadline to review your application.
Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a space-available basis. If no space is available, the applicant will be considered for the following term.
- March 15th (Priority Deadline)
- Classes begin in May
Please note that summer enrollment is only available at the West Los Angeles campus
- June 15th (Priority Deadline)
- Classes begin in September
- October 15th (Priority Deadline)
- Classes begin in January
- West Los Angeles Graduate Campus: Spring, Summer and Fall
- Encino and Irvine Graduate Campuses: Spring and Fall
- Westlake Village Graduate Campus: Fall only
- Complete the Application for Admission and submit it with a nonrefundable payment
- Submit official transcripts in a registrar's sealed and stamped envelope from the regionally accredited college or university that awarded your baccalaureate degree, as well as all transcripts from any college or university attended for the baccalaureate degree
- Submit two professional recommendations (letters on professional letterhead or forms provided are acceptable). Both should attest to your competencies, character, and potential and/or ability as an educator.
- Submit a one-to-two-page statement of educational purpose addressing your future career objectives, issues in education, experience with a second language or cultural diversity, and other related interests (page 2 of online application).
- Submit a photocopy of any currently held teaching credential(s) or other instructional or services credential(s), if any.
- Complete the Statement of Responsibility Form.
- Submit an official California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) transcript passing or proof of having attempted the test. (A photocopy of the Passing Status Transcript card is NOT acceptable.)
- Submit the original passing transcript OR proof of registration for the Subject Matter Competence Examination (CSET). The passing transcript is required even if you have asked Evaluation Systems Pearson to send Pepperdine University the results. Applicants that have successfully completed a Commission approved Subject Matter program must obtain a Subject Matter Equivalency letter from their college or university. The original Subject Matter Equivalency letter will be accepted in lieu of the CSET.
- California Certificate of Character and Identification Clearance must be completed prior to admission to the Pepperdine University Masters in Education and Teaching Credential program, please refer to the Certificate of Clearance online form for instruction.