Master of Arts in Teaching
Become a Teacher in Just 11 Months
Our Master of Arts in Teaching program will prepare students to succeed in the classroom with the skills and tools needed to become effective K-12 teachers. This program is accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
Program Length / Units
11 months / 34 units
West Los Angeles, Calabasas (Please note that your campus of choice cannot be guaranteed. Campus offerings are contingent upon availability and subject to change.)
This cohort-based program provides students with an exceptional professional foundation, combining explorations of theory with practical application. Employing the scholar-practitioner model of professional training, hands-on classroom experience is paired with rigorous coursework through face-to-face and online instruction, and culminates with a capstone experience in place of a thesis. Students will pursue a multiple or single subject preliminary teaching credential in conjunction with their degree.
- Prestigious program at the #46-ranked university in the US*
- Nationally-recognized faculty of scholar-practitioners with extensive educational experience
- Cohort model designed for strong peer support and lifelong professional relationships
- Small class sizes providing a supportive learning environment and meaningful student-faculty interactions
- Hybrid format with 75 percent face-to-face and 25 percent online instruction
- Extensive networking opportunities through our alumni network with more than 20,000 professionals
* U.S. News & Report, Best Colleges Rankings, National Universities