Early Admission Deadline: January 1, 2018
- Admissions for this program are rolling. We do not wait for the application deadline to review your application. For applications received after the deadline, students will be accepted on a space-available basis.
In an effort to process your application quickly, we only accept electronic application materials.
To apply for this program, please submit:
- Application for Admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A postgraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official transcripts sent electronically via one of the approved companies listed on the GSEP website from the institutions that awarded the baccalaureate and master's degrees to the applicant as well as all transcripts from all other colleges or universities attended.
- Three professional recommendations that attest to the applicant's academic abilities, character, and professional ability, at least two of which attest to the applicant's leadership experience and/or potential. The online Professional Recommendation form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A two-page proctored essay on a selected topic. Applicants who do not perform satisfactorily on this essay may be required to attend a writing workshop course at GSEP such as ED 692. Alternatively, applicants may submit scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE—verbal and quantitative sections) taken within the past five years.
- A 1,000- to 2,000-word statement of educational purpose addressing such topics as issues, questions, interests, matters of concern regarding educational and professional development, strengths and weaknesses with respect to engaging in doctoral study, and/or future career objectives.
- Personal interviews are required for all qualified applicants who apply to the program.
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is optional but recommended.