Applications are invited for a full-time tenure-track or visiting faculty and leadership positions (open rank) at The Graduate School of Education and Psychology (GSEP) at Pepperdine University, primarily serving doctoral and master's programs in Educational Leadership.
The ideal candidate will hold an earned Ph.D. or Ed.D. degree and has a record of scholarship and work experience in K-12 leadership and administration. The candidate for this position will have demonstrated specific content expertise and work/teaching experience in:
- K-12 leadership, administration and policy.
- Culturally proficient leadership, equity and social justice.
- Policy approaches and solutions to K-12 educational challenges, including formation and implementation of change and continuous improvement processes.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have a passion for teaching and engaging students.
- Have an established record of scholarship.
- Have experience guiding doctoral research.
- Have a CLEAR Administrative Services Credential.
- Have served as a principal or executive leader in the K-12 environment.
- Actively participate in local and national organizations that support K-12 leaders.
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to cultural proficiency, diversity, equity, and social justice.
- Model cultural proficiency and commitment to diversity and social justice.
- Engage students in learning through innovative and multi-‐modal approaches.
- Have a record of international experience and/or unique understanding and familiarity with specific nations or cultures.
- Have experience teaching working professionals who pursue graduate degrees by attending classes in evenings, on weekends, and in both face-to-face and hybrid learning environments.
- Actively participate in a community of faith.
Applications are invited for adjunct faculty position at The Graduate School of Education and Psychology (GSEP) at Pepperdine University. Please refer to GSEP site to review courses offerings at http://gsep.pepperdine.edu/degrees-programs
GSEP is seeking accomplished educators with substantive knowledge and experience in the field of teaching and learning. Face-to-face sessions are offered at the West Los Angeles, Irvine, Encino, and Westlake Village Graduate Campuses. Online teaching occurs in Courses powered by Sakai and engages students in synchronous and asynchronous learning.
- Preparation of interactive presentations for quality face-to-face and online teaching;
- Response to student inquiries in a timely manner;
- Provision of substantive and ongoing feedback to students;
- Maintenance and enhancement of the quality of teaching in the program;
- Attendance at adjunct faculty meetings; and
- Travel as required to campus and other locations as needed.
The ideal candidates will:
- Possess a Master's Degree (Doctorate Preferred for Master's programs- Required for doctoral programs). Some courses require a teaching credential.
- Demonstrate experience in multiple and diverse settings;
- Understand the development of praxis in teaching, learning technologies, and education;
- Model cultural proficiency and commitment to diversity, equity, and social justice;
- Value a student-centered approach to the teaching and learning processes;
- Engage students through rich use of technology in online learning environments.
Our students represent the diverse mosaic of Southern California, with over forty percent of our student body from ethnic minority populations. Pepperdine places a high priority on sustaining a multi-culturally competent faculty and encourages applications from candidates who will enrich and contribute to diversity at Pepperdine. Pepperdine University is an independent Christian university related to the Churches of Christ, committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and Christian values, where students are strengthened for lives of purpose, service, and leadership.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter indicating your area of expertise/current credential(s) held, courses you are interested in teaching, and campuses in which you would like to be considered.
- Curriculum Vitae All materials must be submitted online at: email@example.com. All applications are submitted into an ongoing adjunct pool. You will be contacted if your qualifications meet our current openings.
All materials must be submitted online at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted into an ongoing adjunct pool. You will be contacted if your qualifications meet our current openings.