Dr. Cynthia Dollins teaches in the master of arts in education at GSEP. She instructs K-12 reading, writing, and literature methods courses, as well as curriculum development. Her book, The ABCs of Literacy: Preparing Our Children for Lifelong Learning, balances theory and practice to show parents and early childhood educators the value of reading aloud to teach key pre-literacy skills. She provides workshops to parents and teachers around the topics of literature and composition. Dollins is involved with community outreach to support families with literacy development. She has previously been a teacher and a principal.
- EdD, Pepperdine University
- MS, California State University, Fullerton
- MA, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- BA, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- The ABC's of Literacy: Preparing Our Children for Lifelong Learning (Cumberland House Publishing), 2008
- 693: Linking Literature and Composition with History/Social Science: MS
- 791: Dissertation Research