MA in Learning Technologies
85 Percent Online. One-Year Program.
The Master of Arts in Learning Technologies program offers the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge about current and near-future technologies and their role in learning settings.
Malibu (Summer Term - Cadre Camp), West Los Angeles, Online Hybrid Program
The program prepares students to lead others, develop a network of colleagues, manage resources, make technological decisions, support organizational knowledge sharing, and secure product funding. Offering a distance-learning format, the program allows you to complete your degree while working full-time from anywhere in the world. Eighty-five percent of the instruction is online, and the remaining 15 percent is completed via three face-to-face meetings. Course work is customized to integrate with your workplace practice, so you can put your learning into action. Curriculum is organized around three strands: Conceptual Tools, Design Learning, and Action Research. A cohort model offers students a supportive learning environment.
- Flexible online format/learning means you have more control over when and where you learn, and your place of work becomes your place of learning.
- Most learning activities are customized to fit your practice so project work is integrated with everyday activities in the workplace.
- You will attend CadreCamp©, a prerequisite, five-day, face-to-face session where you earn program credit for leadership and technology course work, as well as meet your cohort and faculty.
- Since learning is socially constructed, we encourage ongoing interaction with peers and faculty. You work in online learning circles, which creates a remarkably supportive online community, providing feedback from diverse perspectives.
- You'll design an Action Research Project, planning, executing, and reflecting on improvements to your professional environment.
- At a technology conference, you'll meet innovators of learning technologies and learn to evaluate learning theories in practice, as well as perfect your presentation and networking skills.
- You'll present your work at a public conference and virtual venue, sharing your new knowledge and voice with colleagues and the world.
- Courses are designed to progress toward benchmarked outcomes, which help you periodically evaluate your growth.
- Students develop lasting friendships and professional networks that continue beyond graduation.
- Graduates go on to successful careers as technology coordinators, training educators, consultants, and collegiate staff, becoming the innovative leaders who shape 21st-century learning skills in a range of settings.