Educational Leadership Academy: Master of Science in Administration and Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
Benefits of the Program:
The mission of the Educational Leadership Academy is to prepare leaders who are capable of and committed to creating and leading schools that work for everyone in our diverse society. We envision these leaders to be persons who have a positive vision of the future, the character and courage to collaborate with others to shape that vision, and the skills and competencies to make certain their actions today lead to tomorrow’s best practices.
A single-track leadership program, the Educational Leadership Academy is offered each year to carefully selected, currently practicing, highly committed educators who desire an intense, personally transforming, team-based leadership program. All courses are taken with a team of graduate students who serve as a support group for each other in this concentrated 11-month program.
The ELA Blended program prepares educators to become principals, site-based managers, and other school leaders. There will be opportunities for interacting with outstanding administrators to provide experiential learning. The program prepares teachers to become principals, site-based managers, and other school leaders. Graduates will be eligible for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential, which qualifies recipients to serve as school administrators or supervisors at any level in elementary or secondary education in the public or private school setting.
- Technology blended format of 60 percent face-to-face meetings balanced with 40 percent online segments
- Classes are offered in a blended format; face-to-face once a month on weekends and online in-between.
- Courses are taken with a team of graduate candidates who serve as a support group for each other in this concentrated program
- This comprehensive program is designed for professionals employed full-time and is completed in 11 months
- Candidates learn to link research and theory with the best professional practices.
- The program provides opportunities for interacting with outstanding administrators to provide experiential learning.
- The ELA faculty is composed of outstanding professionals who have strong foundations in educational leadership and who are experts in academic teaching, coaching, and mentoring. They are dedicated professors who are committed to reach candidates through personal attention and innovative teaching.